Pictures and details will come soon (after a good night's sleep), but this was a great weekend. We took Friday off and drove to Fairbanks to visit the Chena Hot Springs. On the way we passed right by Denali, and on this cloudless day, the mountain was out in full glory. The hot springs were fun, and the resort also had an ice museum featuring some incredible ice sculptures. And on Saturday night we saw the Northern Lights above us. Amazing.
Photos to come soon. Stay tuned.
Two other small things:
The Tigers lost the World Series, even though I was technically rooting for the Cardinals. I attribute this result to the fact that my jinx was overwhelmed by an even more powerful one: Murphy bought tickets to an "if necessary" game (in this case, game 6). When this happens, it is a stone cold lock that the game will not happen. This is how the Red Wings lost, too. The amazing thing is that Murph knows the jinx exists, but bought tickets anyway. I guess he thought the Tigers were good enough to overcome it. I smell hubris.
Second, bah. I don't even want to discuss the Seahawks game. I watched it in fast-forward on the DVR when I got back from the trip, and I'm glad I only wasted 30 minutes on it. I guess the defense thought it could take the day off, what with the backup running back and quarterback playing. Good work, D. Way to force a total of one punt.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Heh. Yep, that Herm Edwards sure does know how to put together an offensive juggernaught. It might be what you call "unwatchable".
Luckily the seachicken d granted me my weekend wish.
Don't think it hasn't kept me up nights, knowing what I think I did. On Sunday when I was in a rough airplane landing situation (with Petr Nevded on board, no less) I wondered if I was being offed by the collective karma blowback. Maybe I thought your jinx was that powerful? Maybe I just wasn't thinking.
We are waiting for the pictures!
Post a Comment